Let’s Serve!

A look into how the WHS tennis team is doing this season.
Lets+Serve%21

Our school has many amazing and talented sports teams, just like the tennis team.

“I’m very proud of our overall performance in the fall season. Varsity went 5-2 in district, made the playoffs, received many all-district team selections and Marissa Bosco was awarded Girls District MVP with a 13-1 personal match record.” head coach Gregory Gipson said.

Even with the loss of several players last year, the team got multiple talented first-time varsity players. Next year seems to be inching closer and closer, this also means that the spring season for tennis is quickly approaching.

“I want as many of our athletes as possible to make it out of the district tournament and qualify for the regional tournament.” Gipson said. He even reveals he has goals for the fall season in 2022 stating “Our goal is the same as every year – win the district championship, qualify for the playoffs, and have a competitive showing in the playoffs.”

This year’s varsity team is composed of extremely talented members and Coach Gipson would agree.

“We have a great group of hardworking, respectful kids who have what it takes to make those adjustments to make Weatherford Tennis a more consistently competitive and successful program.” Gipson said.

The tennis team is always finding ways to improve, even when the season is over. They work at least 3 days a week and are constantly working on improving their agility, footwork, and endurance according to their coach. We wish all the members good luck in this coming season.

Let’s Serve!