It Was a Good Day For WHS Band

The Wind Symphony and Symphonic Band both earned Sweepstakes at the UIL Concert and Sightreading Contest at Burleson High School. This completes the trifecta of earning a 1st division in all 3 UIL Band events: Marching, Concert, and Sightreading.

“This has been one of the most successful years in recent memory for the Weatherford ISD band program,” said Band Director James Buckner. “Every concert band at Hall, Tison and WHS earned sweepstakes by earning a 1st division in both events at UIL Concert and Sightreading.”

We shouldn’t be surprised by this. This year, the Fightin’ Roo Guard and Fightin’ Roo Drumline also had spectacular indoor seasons. They both medaled at multiple competitions including their respective NTCA Championships.

“The year is not over for the band,” Buckner said. “We aren’t winding down, we are gearing up. Wind Symphony will now record for Honor Band; we all have new music to learn and a spring concert on May 17; guard has solo and ensemble All-Star Contest this Saturday; the band will perform at graduation. We leave for Texas State Solo and Ensemble the day after graduation, then it all starts over the day after Memorial Day as we have a week of marching camp leading to the Rodeo Parade on June 1.”

Want more? Go to roobands.com.