Roo Volleyball – Senior Tributes

Jodie Kreipe

Volleyball has been my life since I was 6 years old. If I could go back in time and redo it all, I would. As a kid I have always dreamed of playing this sport in highschool and hearing my name “#5 Jodie Kreipe” be announced while running around and throwing my little ball I decorated to the crowd. I never really thought I would be here. My senior year and last year of playing for the Lady Roos. I have lived in Weatherford my whole life. I have played for the Lady Roos for 4 years and have been on Varsity for 3. Throughout my years of playing volleyball I have achieved many goals and have been through many obstacles. This season has taught me so many things mentally, physically and emotionally. When I say that this sport is my life, it really is my life. Volleyball has given me my best friends and so many memories I will cherish forever. As this season comes to an end I just want to say how thankful I am for all the support students, coaches and teachers have given us throughout this season. I am also so thankful for my coaches and how they have made me the strong athlete I am today. Some advice I would give to the future Lady Roos is to not be so in your head and overthink. Go after everything with confidence no matter what. Attack every challenge that comes your way and never say you can’t do it. Enjoy the butterflies you get before your first game. Enjoy the nerves and pressure.

– Jodie Kreipe

Jordan Northcutt

I’ve been playing volleyball ever since 7th grade year but it was never anything serious until my freshman year. I started to fall in love and every chance I got I wanted to play volleyball. The summer going into my junior year I moved to Weatherford and had the privilege of playing on varsity, although I didn’t get a lot of playing time I learned a lot of new techniques and got better every day. The environment in the gym and the teammates were terrific. Everyone was full of energy and the skill level was a lot better. I loved this year being a senior and for younger kids to look up to me because I’ve always wanted to be a role model to people. Now that volleyball is over it is very sad that I won’t ever play with these girls again but we had a very good season. I loved it all, and Coach K pushed us very hard. I’ve grown so much as a player and person while playing for Weatherford. Now I get to move on and play in college which I never thought I was going to do growing up it truly is a dream come true.

– Jordan Northcutt