Kennedy Jarrett

Kiwanis Sophomore of The Year Award

Through an application and essay process, Kennedy was selected among several applicants for the honor of Sophomore of the Year along with two scholarships by Kiwanis Club. This recognition was awarded at two levels by both the local Weatherford Kiwanis Club as well as the District Chapter which includes the following clubs: Fort Worth, Fort Worth Golden K, Saginaw, Cleburne, Lake Granbury and Weatherford. Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world, one child at a time. They selected Kennedy as the recipient due to the alignment of her essay to their dedicated works. Coach Guice added “Kennedy is a leader of the Weatherford Lady Roo Basketball program. She strives for excellence on & off the court. She is a tireless worker & a positive influence on our team.” We are so proud of Kennedy and appreciate the Kiwanis for taking the time to recognize this outstanding young lady.

We asked Kennedy what this award meant to her and she remarked “I am just so honored to get this scholarship award. I actually did not want to do it because I thought “How would someone like me get that award?”, but my mom insisted that I do it. I was thrilled whenever we got the call that I had won this amazing award. I never would have thought I would have gotten it. Receiving this reward was simply a blessing from God. I was introduced to a new organization after receiving this scholarship – The Kiwanis Club is so amazing with all they do. The members are so loving and welcoming. When they found out that I also won the District award, they were so proud of me. I felt so loved once they told me how proud they were of me. Luckily at Weatherford, we are starting a new club called Key Club which is a branch of Kiwanis, so we can get organizations like Kiwanis into WHS. Overall I am just so thankful I am able to receive this scholarship award and I’m so happy God introduced this wonderful organization into my life as well as my family.” – Kennedy Jarrett