Life Behind All the Action

We know senior Kaden Dowd as a football player, good student, and a member of clubs like DECA. He is also a brother, son, and avid hunter. So who is he, really? What’s he like outside the photos? Here’s what we found out.

Q What advice do you have for an incoming 9th or 10th grader?

A Some advice I would give to incoming students is to take advantage of the four years we are given in high school. Make some new friends, join a club, and engage in school spirit.

Q What does Roo Nation mean to you?

A Roo Nation has been my home for my whole life. It has shaped me into the young man I am today through the countless support from teachers, administrators, and community. Finally, it gave me a place where I was able to build lifelong friends and everlasting memories.

Q How are you involved at school?

A In school I am involved in athletics, DECA, and the Junior Chamber of Commerce Leadership Team. I am also a part of the National Honors Society and National Technical Honors Society.

Q Who or what is your biggest inspiration?

A My father and mother, Doug Dowd and Kristy Dowd, are my biggest inspirations and role models in life. Everyday I aspire to be more like them and strive to achieve the things in life that they have. Both of them have taught me how to be a good young man, work hard, and to never give up.

Q What has been your favorite memory while at WHS?

A My favorite memory while at WHS has to be my junior year of football. After beating Boswell, our rival, the locker room was full of energy and everyone was having such a good time. Then after we all went to Whataburger and had a fun time eating, talking, and celebrating our win.

Q  Any highlights this year?

A Some highlights of this year were participating in games at the pep rallies, watching my little brother and cousin play basketball, going to DECA competitions with all of my friends, watching my friends play baseball, and spending time with my football family.

Q What are your plans after graduation?

A I plan on attending Texas A&M and majoring in Business. I look forward to being a part of the A&M traditions and culture.

Q Favorite quote(s)?

A-“Hard work is the determinant when it comes to being good and great.”