Student POV – Senior

• What advice do you have for an incoming 9th or 10th grader?

I would advise underclassmen to challenge themselves. The best way to improve yourself is to do things that you know will be hard. I really recommend taking an advanced class or doing a sport, even if you think you will be bad at it. Even if you fail, just trying and doing your best is a very important lesson and it’s very gratifying.

• What does Roo Nation mean to you?

Roo nation to me is all of us! Everyone at this school is important and everyone with their own unique strengths and talents is what makes up roo nation.

• How are you involved at school?

I am in two choirs at WHS and am choir president, I just finished up my final basketball season, and I am in NHS and NEHS.

• Who or what is your biggest inspiration?

My biggest inspirations are my mom and dad, who inspire me to do my best at everything I do and have always modeled who I want to be.

• What has been your favorite memory while at WHS?

My favorite memory at WHS was basketball senior night, it was bittersweet but it was fun to celebrate our last season with my teammates. (Plus we won)

• Any highlights this year?

Highlights of this year have been getting ready to go to college next year (gig ‘em), making it to round four of all-state choir, and just having fun with my friends in class.

• What are your plans after graduation?

After graduation, I’m going to A&M to major in Urban and Regional Planning and hopefully get my bachelor’s and master’s degrees.

• Favorite quote(s)?

“I will not give up the flowers in my heart just because the world is a hard place. The world is only a hard place because it needs more flower-hearted people.” – Nikita Gill