Duck, Buck Wedding

Everyone loves love.  Everyone also loves a teacher in a good mood.  So Weatherford High School students are most certainly happy that band director Mr. Buckner and drill team instructor Mrs. “Duck” Buckner found each other here in these celebrated corridors.  The couple tied the knot on March 10, 2013, here in Weatherford, and the Grass Burr is excited to bring you all the exclusive details of the special day.

The bride wore a lovely, floor-length chiffon gown, and was accompanied by four bridesmaids in tea length purple dresses.  The groom wore a classic gray suit with a black silk tie, and his groomsmen looked sophisticated in a combination of grey suits accented with purple ties.  Both the bride and her maids kept their footwear comfortable and casual in the “Classic Crochet” TOMS.

After a moving ceremony, the reception was soon underway at the Doss Heritage & Culture Center, also in Weatherford.  Beautiful purple and white arrangements by Greene’s Florist welcomed guests as they entered the hall. Party-goers feasted on regionally inspired cuisine, including southwest chicken and roasted potatoes catered by local company AJ Catering.  Delighted loved ones then enjoyed two delicious cakes, each on varying flavors, including a bride’s cake which was toped off with a TCU horn frog to symbolize the couple’s alma mater.

The couple shared a first dance to an Ingrid Michaelson cover of the Elvis Presley classic Can’t Help Falling in Love.  Finally, the guests got to let loose and spend the remainder of the evening dancing to a lively variety of tunes provided by the evening’s DJ.

The happy couple honeymooned in Cancun, and then returned to the area to begin their life together as husband and wife.

Duck, Buck Wedding