WHS Begins New Year

Weatherford High School began its 2015 school year Monday morning. Students arrived at the school in time for first period at 8:15 a.m., and were greeted at the main entrance by Principal Lynn Pool and her staff.

Pool was excited to start the year, and she had great things to say about this year’s student body.

“It’s been smooth,” Pool said. “It’s great to see the kids, and everyone has been so polite.”

The staff and students have been equally excited about the minimal issues with scheduling. This school year seems to have significantly fewer problems with student schedules, and many attribute this change to the online registration system. According to lead counselor Mrs. Barakis scheduling has been “infinitely better than last year.”

The 2015 freshman class has enjoyed their introduction to the high school life, and many 9th grade students are already being entertained this year.

“It’s been kinda pretty awesome,” freshman Taylor Watson said.

While the freshman enter high school excited about the new experience, many members of the senior class are already looking forward to graduation.

“The first day has been good enough,” senior Brandi Addison said. “I’m ready to get out.”

WHS Begins New Year