New To The Mob: Mr. Smith

WHS has received many new staff members this year. To introduce the new, and some familiar, faces of the 2017-2018 school year, the Grass Burr staff has pieced together a collection of interviews to welcome our new members. Next up is our new Dean of Instruction- Mr. Andy Smith.

Mr. Andy Smith-

Q: What is your job as Dean of Instruction?

A: My job is to work with the teachers and staff of Weatherford High School to ensure instruction in the classroom is at the highest level. I review lesson plans, conduct professional development, and work to make WHS a place everyone wants to be. ​

Q: Did you have any previous jobs before? And if so, where?

A: This is my 19th year in education. My last 3 years I served as the Associate Principal at Red Oak High School.

Q: What was your first impression of WISD?

A: My first impression of WISD was very favorable. I was impressed with the hospitality of everyone that I have met. Each person went out of their way to make me feel welcome.

Q: Do you have a spouse or any children?

A: I have been married to my incredible wife for 19 years. We have two children.

Q: How are you going to do your part in making our campus a better and more enjoyable place to learn?

A: My goal is to make learning exciting. I want students to enjoy coming to school and being a part of all the things WHS has to offer.

New To The Mob: Mr. Smith