Lady Roo Volleyball Scores Big

The Lady Roos Take 2nd Place in the EMISD Tournament, Two Sophomores Named to All Tournament Team
Two sophomores chosen as All Tournament Team, Kaitlyn Rogers and London Austin-Roark.
courtesy photo

Weatherford Lady Roos Volleyball put on an awesome showing at the Varsity Eagle Mountain ISD Tournament this weekend. Thursday the Lady Roos won their pool, setting them up for the 2nd round of pool with all 1st and 2nd places Friday.

Friday the Lady Roos took 2nd in their pool, only losing one match for the day. They qualified for the Gold Bracket Saturday where they won the first match and defeated Stephenville. Then they won their 2nd match in the semifinals against Burleson Centennial, which put them into a fierce competition for the Championship against Lorena.

The Lady Roos got down in the first game but made an incredible comeback, but Lorena proved too much, and the Lady Roos came up short 19-25. Game 2 WHS was on fire trading points back and forth, and it came down to the wire. The Lady Roos fell in the end to the Lady Leopards 22-25.

“I’m so proud of my young team – we showed so much heart coming from behind and never giving up!”

— Coach Natalie Gonzales

The Lady Roos received a 2nd place trophy, and sophomores Kaitlyn Rogers and London Austin-Roark made the All Tournament Team. Everyone is invited to come out and cheer on their season. WHS Roo Volleyball Schedule 2015

Lady Roo Volleyball Scores Big