And so it begins…

Roo Football Starts With Team Pictures, Then On To Scrimmages
#48 Cody Henderson strives for the goal line at the JV inter-squad scrimmage.

As the sun began to rise over Roo Stadium, NGC and WHS football teams lined up to smile for team photos, but that was not what they got all dressed up for. The teams showed up with scrimmaging on their minds.

The JV team scrimmaged first with offense wearing white jerseys and defense wearing black jerseys. The scrimmage was filled with exciting plays complete with touchdowns and even a interception by the boys in black.

Freshmen Roos started their season off with both a scrimmage against Benbrook and an inter-squad scrimmage. As the Freshmen took the field, the crowd was interested to see that the Roos have a female teammate.

Finally the Varsity Roos took their place of honor as the main event. Excited the crowd watched as the offense battled against the defense. Throughout the heat, the Roos never seemed to slow down, and neither did the coaches. Shouts of encouragement and direction echoed across the field. Coach Nelms told them he was proud of this team and what they were able to accomplish in one short week of practice.

The next big event where fans can meet, support, and encourage their favorite Roos is Meet The Roos Night this Thursday night at 8:00 pm at the Roo Stadium. The whole community is invited to come.

And so it begins…