Conspiracy Theory? Or Truth?

Ooh… It’s Spooky Time! Last week was Friday the 13th, the infamous date of the beloved cult classic horror film, Friday the 13th. It only seems fitting to discuss something equally as terrifying and mysterious on this unofficial holiday- Conspiracy Theories. A Conspiracy Theory is defined as an unofficial explanation to certain events, usually involving the government. A conspiracy cannot be proven true or false. Thus, it is up to the public to make decide what they think is true.

The Illuminati

The conspiracy of a secret society controlling the world is one of the biggest and longest-running conspiracies. Whether it be the Freemasons or the Illuminati, people have always believed that there was a group behind the scenes pulling all the strings of society. Almost every theory that has been conjured, has a link with a higher worldly power.

White Lighter (The 27 Club)

The White Lighter (or The 27 Club) theory is the theory that there is a secret club linked with a secret society. This theory started in the early 1970s when four reputable musicians all died within two years of each other: Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, and Jimi Hendrix. Granted, celebrity deaths have always happened; it’s not anything new. But what makes these four deaths prominent, is that each of the artists were approximately 27 years of age when they passed. What’s even stranger, is that every one of those people had a white lighter on themselves at their time of death, leading people to believe that all of these deaths were somehow connected. As the years went on, the list grew. The term became even more popular when Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse showed up on the list. And as of 2018, there are a totally of  24 people who have been added to this club.

Elvis Presley

Elvis Presley died almost 41 years ago, but that hasn’t stopped people from believing that he’s still alive. There are multiple versions of this theory, but a few of the most popular theories are that Elvis was replaced by his twin brother, his twin brother was killed and not him, or that he knew he was going to be killed, so he faked his death.
A fact that supports these theories is that Elvis’ name is spelled incorrectly on his tombstone. His real name is Elvis ‘Aron’ Presley.

Mandela Effect

In simplest terms, the Mandela Effect is an instance of collective misremembering. One of the most famous Mandela theories is that people think the Monopoly man, Rich Uncle Pennybags, has a monocle, but he, in fact, doesn’t. In fact, he has never once had one since the game, most famous money handling game in the world, was released.

In addition, “We Are the Champions” by Queen ends differently than many recall.  Most of us remember that “We Are the Champions” ends with an “of the worrllldddd” but it doesn’t. Instead, he song ends with the slight ringing of an electric guitar.

Another instance of the Mandela Effect is that “The Berenstein Bears” are actually called “The Berenstain Bears.” Some people dislike this particular one because they believe that it is spelled with an “e.” But in all actuality, it is spelled with an “a.” Even Google and autocorrect spell it with an “a.”

Mark Zuckerberg

This theory states that Mark Zuckerberg (CEO of Facebook) is some form of alien or lizard person. The theory came about when Zuckerberg went to the Facebook congressional hearing. This theory is fairly recent, considering that the Facebook hearing was only a few days ago. Many people watching said that his movements were “fake,” especially whenever he goes to take a sip of water.

All and all, there are many conspiracies out there but don’t believe everything you hear…

Conspiracy Theory? Or Truth?