A Jamaican Battle of the Buoyantly Blind Brides: The Bachelor Review

As the episode kicked off, Ben remained undecided in his choice of future fiance. After telling not one, but both women he was “in love with them” repeatedly the two remaining women felt greatly secure in their relationships with Ben. Little did they know, his cheaty and polyamorous vibes misled them to believe his heart was reserved for only one woman. I don’t know about you, but I would feel utter rage upon learning about Ben’s indecisive behavior if I were in the women’s positions. How is it possible that Ben proposed with his entire mind and heart dedicated to the chosen lady if only 5 minutes prior he professed his love to the other woman? That, to me, is sketchy to a maximum degree.

Upon Lauren B’s meeting with Ben’s parents Ben’s mother, Amy, laughed at Lauren’s oblivious state blinded by deceitful love and the concept of a “perfect Ben.” Amy also confessed to the camera that she found Ben’s lack of solidarity in his decision “quite disturbing.” Amy then proceeded to cry whether for her idiotic son or his poor unfortunate prospective fiance, I do not know. Lauren’s overbearing nature also continued as she declared she wanted to “meet [Ben’s] parents since their first date.” Perhaps, Lauren and Ben work well together as Lauren clearly lacks logic and pace when it comes to relationships. Once again, Lauren professed her love for Ben over, and over, and over. At one point, I seriously wondered how many times she could baby talk her way through the parent meeting with a series of arguably meaningless “I love you’s.” At the conclusion of the date, Ben told Lauren he loved her again and Lauren admitted her readiness for engagement after all of a month of dating.

At Jojo’s parent meeting her nervousness led her to a successful talk especially with Amy. Jojo brought obligatory parental foliage in the shape of a bouquet and the group recounted Jojo and Ben’s Mexican star gazing scene and their endless accounts of “I love you’s.” Her session with Dave (Ben’s dad) yielded a tearful confession of wanting Ben as a husband, dad, and best friend for life. Her talk with Amy covered topics like reciprocal love and the safety Ben apparently provided. Jojo’s adoration for difficult conversation and emotion left Amy on team Jojo. When the meeting ended, Jojo asked Ben in private if he felt ready to propose. To this, Ben responded with a foreshadowed vocal yes and a negative head shake that said no, thus leaving Jojo confused yet remaining hopeful.

Not surprising, Ben’s parents vocalized minimal insight and talked with a boring political correctness that consisted of garbage like “follow your heart” and “do what makes you happy.”

This led Ben to be  even more confused as he gallivanted off in a minivan to ponder his emotions.

The final dates, for the most part, were boring as usual. This season seriously left me feeling like watching paint dry would be more interesting than viewing stereotypical Ken doll, Ben and his adventures with Barbie-like, Lauren who claimed their relationships was “ weird and crazy and good and life” fall in love. What can I say? Her brain density lacks logic and depth. The drama, however, remained in his date with Jojo as she uncovered Ben’s deceit by confessing his love for two women at once. She ended the date with tears and disbelief at the emotional blind side, questioning her relationship entirely.

At the final rose ceremony, only minutes before proposing, Ben still remained unknowing as to who he was about to propose to. The first out of the limo was Jojo which meant Lauren B was his chosen lover. I wasn’t surprised, but at the same time my heart intensely hurt for Jojo as Ben let her pour her heart and soul out at the altar before telling her he loved Lauren more. Lauren baby-talked her way to a proposal, and I honestly think the two fit well together as they both lack intellect and regularly shaped facial features.They proceeded to eat each others faces off amorously, and I genuinely felt an overwhelming urge to vomit at their mushy rejoice.

This concludes the Bachelor Review for Season 20. Make sure to tune in this summer as the drama is definitely promised to turn up as Bachelor in Paradise premieres followed by The Bachelorette which will include Jojo as the new hopeful looking for love.