The Bachelor Review: Episode 8

As the six remaining bimbos travelled back to Ben’s hometown of Warsaw, Indiana, Ben relived his glory days as the small town quarterback dream-boat everyone adored.

The first date with Lauren B. was much needed after last week’s rumor debacle in which Leah trash talked her way to elimination. On the date, Lauren B. underwent the very uninteresting hometown tour that consisted of driving around in a truck and looking at old buildings that shaped Ben’s childhood. Although his intention was cute, Ben’s awkward dates continued as they did nothing but stare at buildings in the freezing cold. Talk about romantic. After smiling her way through Ben’s cliche childhood, Ben took Lauren B. to his old high school job at an after school sports program for the kiddos. Of course, Ben helped a crying kid who wanted to do anything but jumping jacks, and obviously that equated to Lauren B’s adoration for a fatherly Ben. After the date, Lauren B. came to the realization that she was “seriously falling in love with Ben,” which I doubt very much as they’ve only been dating for a few weeks.

On the group date, the girl who received the rose got to continue the date as a one-on-one as the other girls went back to the house. The date, undoubtedly assumed a kind of awkwardness that never fails to occur as the girls sized each other up on a farm. With Becca struggling to find a true connection with Ben, her once hopefulness turned rapidly into an unreciprocated distaste as she failed to see her reason for being with a guy who didn’t appear to want the same. Caila, however, possessed an even darker shade of desperation as she revealed her nomadic lifestyle makes her view herself as incapable of settling down.

She further conveyed this by stating, “I picture myself as moss and I want a tree to grow on.” This, to me, made me question her level of sobriety and her IQ all at once. Who on earth compares their self to a clingy, moist plant? Because the other two girls were either acting like a lunatic or feeling morbidly insufficient, Ben selected mom, Amanda, to continue the date and solidify her spot in her hometown date the following week.

First, he took Amanda to the oh-so-glamorous McDonald’s to work the drive-thru window and kiss with french fry-filled mouths. I don’t know about you, but that made me salty as their drive-thru rendezvous clearly violated health code violations. After working, the pair went to the carnival where Ben was praised and hailed for being a former high school glory. They also made out at the top of the ferris wheel like cliche couples do, and ended the night with bland, undramatic happiness…how boring.

On the last one-on-one date, Emily met Ben’s family at his childhood home. Prior to this date, I was all for team Emily, but after the date I felt nothing but irritation as her idiotic nature became apparent in ways I preferred not to understand. Not only did Ben have to school Emily with a class in swan education, but her rambling mess of an encounter with Ben’s mom left me uncomfortable and wishing she would stop speaking for a very long time. In the chat with Ben’s mom, Emily talked about her dream of becoming an NFL cheerleader and mom while also discussing her hatred of vegetables. Her childish nature eventually led Ben’s mom to cry out of fear for Ben’s future with a seemingly ditzy bimbo of a girlfriend. Because of this source of wisdom, Ben broke up with Emily promptly after the date while the other girls watched from the house with joy in their eyes.

At the rose ceremony, Becca went home, and nothing else happened, thus making this the most uneventful and boring episode so far. Is it weird I miss the dramatic days of big-mouth Olivia?

Tune in next Tuesday for another review and make sure to watch the new episode next Monday at 7:00pm!

The Bachelor Review: Episode 8