Bachelor Review Season 20, Episode 3

Although Ben continues to lack personality, his cliche cheesiness is clouded by the girl drama of the Bachelor mansion. At the start of the show, big mouth Olivia’s greed for a one-on-one date becomes annoyingly voiced. Her obsession with Ben unveils as she continuously made comments about being future “Mrs. Ben Higgins.”

However, when the date card came, Lauren B. was designated the one-on-one date. As Lauren B. and Ben helicoptered away from the Bachelor mansion, the other girls stood by, gawking with intense jealousy. Despite, Lauren B’s profession being a flight attendant, she acted scared of heights and clung to Ben with glue-like intensity. Of course, because Ben is probably the most uncreative date maker ever, the pair went hot tubbing in an awkward field, enjoyed a fancy dinner, and danced along to yet another private concert. It’s becoming increasingly obvious Ben’s formula to wooing the ladies includes 1. an extravagant motorized vessel 2. a hot tub 3. dinner that the couple never even eats 4. a private concert and 5. repeat.  This, to say the least, is mildly off putting as Ben puts all the girls through the same date; nothing is special to each girl as he shares the same experiences with every bachelorette. On the interesting side, however, Ben accidentally farted in the hot tub mid-makeout with Lauren B, so that acted as a highlight to the formulaic date.

On the group date, big mouth Olivia and crazy Lace both received an invite amongst other suitors. The date took the girls to the Coliseum to play soccer with two of the women who won the 2015 World Cup. The girls divided into teams (Stars vs. Stripes); the team that won the game received extra time with Ben over cocktails. To start things off, Lace (a Stripe) allowed the other team to score immediately, and the Stars goalie, twin Emily slayed the ball catching like a boss. As the teams tied, the girls went into tie-breaker mode, but by this point Rachel (a Star) wound up injured and indirectly caused her team to lose.  

After the game, the Stripes advanced to cocktail hour, and undoubtedly, big mouth Olivia flaunted her time with Ben to the other girls. Her rude actions prompted gossip concerning Olivia’s nasty toes and bad breath amongst the other contestants. To Olivia’s surprise, rude Amber received the group date rose, and she saltily sighed with distaste.

But the real drama surrounded Haitian orphan and war veteran, Jubilee. Her nerves made her appear slightly offputting at first, but her awkwardness subsided to yield one of the best dates of the season thus far. Of course the girls angrily gossiped about Jubilee’s awkward and undeserving demeanor. However, the date began typically with a helicopter ride, but it shifted as the helicopter’s destination was a spa oasis. To Jubilee’s surprise, she did not expect what she referred to as a “whole big miniature castle.” They still had hot tub time, but the two connected on another level by discussing Jubilee’s difficult past as an orphan in Haiti.

At the cocktail party prior to the rose ceremony, Ben announced the recent death of two of his close family friends. In Ben’s time of mourning, Olivia selfishly talked about her dislike for her cankles. Jubilee, once again out-did the other girls by comforting Ben with an innocent massage. This outraged the other girls as their jealousy surfaced. Amber attempted to corner Jubilee and attack her for showing her condolences for Ben, but Jubilee ignored her with class and left the scene. Later, Ben discovered the catty bullying and hugged Jubilee.

At the ceremony, Lace left before he could give her a rose stating she “needs to love herself before she can love someone else,” and Sushanna (the girl with a limited English vocabulary)  and another random girl went home.

This concludes the Bachelor update for this week. Stay tuned for more drama as it develops.

Bachelor Review Season 20, Episode 3