The Bachelor Review

Let the Chaos Commence
Olivias overbearing mouth enables her to receive a rose from Ben.
Olivia’s overbearing mouth enables her to receive a rose from Ben.

As the show kicked off clingy candidate, crazy Lace with the crazy teeth, was selected for a group date alongside both of the former Bachelor rejects, Becca and Amber. On the group date, Ben took the desperate girls “back to high school.” The contestant who got the highest “grade” in each contest/class at Bachelor High won the privilege of becoming shiny-headed Ben’s Homecoming Queen.

First of all, can we talk about how deGRADEing this date was? It’s as if sexist little Ben simply wants a weak Homecoming Queen, not a partner in life. Not surprising, Lace was the first girl eliminated as she failed the chemistry challenge pathetically stating, “[she] wasn’t the best at school.” In the finals, the two remaining went to race on the track as a tiebreaker, and (unfortunately) crazy rosehead Mandie won the race against Bachelor reject, Amber. Amber was salty with the other girls, and the remaining losers bitterly watched as Mandie and Ben gallivanted off in a convertible.

With Caila snagging the one on one date and Jennifer receiving the first kiss of the season, Ben seems to be keeping his options open with the ladies. He also laid one on Jubilee and Jojo who baby talked her way to a lusciously lippy victory.

The one on one with Cailia was pretty bland, to be honest. The only thing that kept the date alive was the presence of Ice Cube and Kevin Hart who claimed any girl who wore heels or had a bumpy back needed to be kicked out of the Bachelor mansion immediately. But, of course, sweet little Caila received a rose and the two obviously made out as a sappy musician played a private concert in the background.

On the second group date, the girls went to a Love Lab to test their chemistry with Ben. Olivia won as she had the most chemistry with Ben which she flaunted rudely to the other girls. They also, kissed too much and she got the group date rose because of it. Ben’s reasoning for the rose? “It’s science,” he stated.

Last, at the ridiculous rose ceremony, Lace’s clingy and awkward tactics annihilated her progress with Ben. Once again, she had one too many cocktails and apologized relentlessly for acting like an imbecile with Ben. My bet? The producers are forcing Ben to keep her for ratings because anyone with any amount of brainpower would send that lunatic home ASAP. However, Lace did indeed receive a rose out of pity, but Lauren LB from Oklahoma did not. In the middle of the ceremony she pulled Ben, who wanted to give her a rose, to the side to announce her decision to flee the Bachelor frenzy. This once again confirms Ben’s sappy fear of “being unlovable.”

Stay tuned for next time as the season will only heat up with time.

The Bachelor Review