FFA Wants You

13 Reasons You Should Join
  1. Building Communication Skills
    1. FFA’s main goal is to build its members up to be the leaders of the next generation, and the start of that is to build up your communication and speaking skills.
      1. “I am now able to effectively convey messages to all, instead of mumbling in shyness,” senior, Aleesha Barret said. In all honesty, we all need speaking skills to grow in the real world, so why not start working on those skills now.
  2. Leadership Skills
    1. Yes, we all need leadership skills, but guess what? FFA is here to help with that! In fact, there is a whole competition season dedicated to building your leadership skills! The Leadership Development Events season offers many opportunities to students to develop premier leadership skills.
  3. Team Building
    1. In almost every competition you will be working with a team, so you will most definitely learn how to work with that team. This is so important for the real world because you need to be able to with those who you work with. AKA once again FFA will prepare you for the real world!
  4. Traveling Experiences
    1. FFA travels ALL the time. During the spring semester, we travel all across the state of Texas and the bus rides are the time of FFA members lives!
  5. Life long friendships across the state and nation
    1. FFA goes beyond just the local and district level! As members travel with their local chapters they meet students from all over the state of Texas, and even on the national level! When students attend the National FFA convention, they don’t know who they’re gonna sit by. Who knows it could be your new best friend!
  6. Completely Student Led
    1. You read it right!! FFA is completely student lead! “FFA members make the decisions, debate about amendments, and pass new laws. While we have adult advisors, it’s pretty well what we say goes. If you want to go to six flags with the chapter, all you have to do is present a movement at a meeting,” said Cora Cocke, senior. Through the process of parliamentary procedure, students decide what the future will hold for FFA in an organized manner.
  7. Hundreds of Scholarship Opportunities
    1. FFA will pay you back the amount of work you put into it with scholarships. Members have been known to get full rides to college. Isn’t that awesome?! In fact, Texas FFA gives over 135 scholarships away EVERY year!
  8. Not your average club
    1. FFA really isn’t your typical club, in fact, it isn’t a club at all. It’s an organization all on its own that covers groundbreaking ideas that its members, students like you, come up with.
  9. Anyone can join (You don’t have to be a farmer)
    1. It’s actually a false fact that FFA means Future Farmers of America, at least now it is. The name changed to just the FFA Organization in 1988 at the National FFA Convention when members decided that FFA grew more than just farmers.
  10. Character Building
    1. It is known that senior FFA members constantly talk about how much they have changed as a person since they’ve joined FFA. “FFA has definitely changed me by boosting my confidence, leadership, and career preparation,” said Lillian Castleberry, senior. So, if you’re looking for a life changing experience this is the place to be!
  11. Prepare you for the real world (literally)
    1. FFA challenges you in every way possible, just like the work world will. It will force you to balance out activities, to be responsible for your mistakes, and to go for what you believe in. To be honest the list seems to go on and on.  
  12. Limitless Opportunities
    1. This year the Weatherford FFA has a theme- limitless. Their emphasis is that FFA will offer limitless opportunities. In fact, all of the reasons listed above are opportunities FFA offers, but the list goes on and on.
  13. Lastly the MEETINGS!!
    1. On the 13th of September, Weatherford FFA is having an Ag Olympics meeting at the NGC at 5:30!! Go check them out and see what an awesome group they are! Food is being provided and they plan on having a lot of fun!!
FFA Wants You