WHS Wishes a Happy Birthday to PeeWee!

Happy+birthday%21
Sydney Wilkins
Happy birthday!

Many teachers and staff are loved at Weatherford High School, but none as much as custodian, Edward Wiltz, or as he is better known, PeeWee.

“I think I’ve been here 20 years,” PeeWee said. He is one of the few staff members that have worked here that long. 

English teacher Mr. Tramel has known PeeWee since his first day teaching at Weatherford High School 20 years ago. “I like his positive attitude,” Tramel said when asked what he enjoyed about him, “his unapologetic, positive view on the world.”

Mr.Tramel laughed when he was jokingly asked if he knew that he and PeeWee were the same age, “I think he should be getting close to 85 or 86”, Tramel said, “and I’m a ways from 86; don’t put me up there yet.”

He also thought it was a very nice thing to recognize PeeWee on his special day; the love for PeeWee is evident all around the school, as well as PeeWee’s love for his job, fellow staff, and students.

“All the students are nice, all the teachers are nice to me and everything. I like the way all the people treat the people nice and and all that, and that’s why I stay,” PeeWee said.

You’d think turning 86 would spur the idea of retiring, yet PeeWee states, “I’ve been doing that for six years. I never get to the end of it.” He’s such a hard working employee that he can’t imagine not having a job, even the other staff members have asked him to stay another year.

“I’ve missed two days in thirty-eight years; I have been working six days a week for ten hours a day,” PeeWee said.

PeeWee is a very cherished staff member at the high school,and in addition to the entire school singing him the Happy Birthday song at the pep rally, we would love to encourage every faculty member and student to wish him a very Happy 86th Birthday!

WHS Wishes a Happy Birthday to PeeWee!