2013-2014 Policy Changes

On Wednesday morning Weatherford High School Principal, Lynn Pool began meeting with students to inform them about policy changes in effect for the 2013-2014 school year.  The following are some of the highlights from Mrs. Pools’ presentation:

STUDENT PARKING- WHS will be implementing stricter monitoring of student parking. Students have been told to park in designated locations, and were encouraged to respect all parking attendants. Also, like past years, seniors do have the privilege of choosing their prime parking lot spot for a year long purchase.

DRESS CODE- Another critical highlight of the assembly was the new policy affecting dress code and facial hair. Male students are now allowed to have facial hair, with the expectations that they will keep their beards and mustaches well groomed and maintained.  Most other policy related to dress code is still up to date, and includes basic wardrobe restrictions including visible cleavage and unreasonably short bottoms; the hemline must be fingertip length.

ATTENDENCE- According to Assistant Principal Rodrigue, attendance at WHS is something that impacts everyone on campus, and students are encouraged to maintain an excellent attendance record. Students who attend their classes this year every day are eligible for a chance to win an awesome prize. So be sure to wake up every morning so you can have a shot at these incentives.

EXEMPTIONS- Exemptions this year are similar to last year in that they are determined primarily by good grades and attendance.  It is important to note that students who find themselves in ISS will not have a chance at exemptions for any of their classes.

CELL PHONES- According to this year’s phone policy, when students are using their phone during inappropriate times the teacher will give students a warning. If the student doesn’t put away the phone, the teacher will take further action by taking the phone until the end of the class period.  If the student does not willingly give up the phone, the teacher will write the student an officer referral and the student’s phone privilege will be revoked for a week.  The student will also receive a day of ISS.

2013-2014 Policy Changes