10 Things to do in Weatherford for under $10

Almost any student at WHS will say that Weatherford is the most boring town ever. While this statement is false, there is some truth to it. For a town with a dense and rising population, it would only make sense to put in more shops and entertainment hangouts. The quality of activities have improved over the last few years, but the number hasn’t really changed. And usually, you have to either spend way too much money, or go out of town for a good time. So, here is a list of the top places to go in Weatherford for less than a Hamilton:

1- Chandor Gardens 

The Chandor Gardens is a 3.5 acre journey into the beauty that is Mother Nature. It is a perfect place to host a special event, or just take a leisurely Sunday walk. Chandor Gardens is home to many flora, and is a photographer’s wonderland. Some of the highlights include: the Koi Pond, the bowling green, and the 30 ft. manmade waterfall. It is located on 711 West Lee Avenue in Weatherford. General admission for adults is $5.

2- Hole-in-Fun 

Hole-in-Fun is a family friendly hodge podge of everything you would ever want to do on a Friday night – all under one roof! It as bumper cars, 18 hole glow-in-the-dark mini golf, an arcade, and a new trampoline park. It is located on 1819 South Main, and there are many things you can do for under $10. The Glow Zone mini golf is $10, and a ride on the Spin Zone bumper cars is $5.

3- Film Alley

Film Alley is yet another place where many activities are under one roof, except Film Alley has more of a mature atmosphere. Film Alley is located on 825 East Interstate 20, and has a multitude of activities for under $10. Regular admission to a movie is $9, and a Matinee ticket is $7. Most of the arcade games are $1.00-$1.50 to play, so about 7 games can be played for $10. Bowling is $7, which is the price that includes the lane and shoe rental.

4-CiCi’s Pizza 

CiCi’s Pizza is the best and only pizza buffet in Weatherford, and we wouldn’t want to have it any other way! With all you can eat pasta, pizza, salad, and dessert, for only

$6, who wouldn’t want that deal? And with your remaining $4, you can play in the CiCi’s game room! And now, if you download the MYCICIs app, you get one free buffet! The closest location in Weatherford is on 325 Adams Dr in Suite #355.

5-Dollar Store 

This one doesn’t need much explanation on why it’s on this list. Almost everything in these stores are $1-5, and nothing is over $10. You can find almost anything in these stores that you would ever need. From decorations to candy, and even hair care products; these stores are cheap and reliable! Dollar Tree is located on 1914 South Main St; The nearest Dollar General is located on 316 S Main St.

6-Go to a High School football game

Going to a football game is always a great experience. The bright lights, the concessions, Today is the last day of Football for the Roos! But even though we’ve had a pretty disappointing season, we should still go out and support and congratulate them for all of the hard work that they have put into their practices. General admission is $7. Better luck next year Roos!

7-The Full Cup 

The Full Cup is the ultimate introvert relaxation spot in Weatherford. Don’t want to go to that party your friend is trying to drag you to? Here, you can pick up one of the hundreds of books for sale; and even get a fresh cup of coffee while you read and hide from your social awkwardness! The Full Cup Bookstore and Coffee shop is located on 922 South Main St.

8-Shop around in the Historic Downtown District 

The great town of Weatherford had to start somewhere, and the Downtown Historical District is that somewhere! The Historic District is full of small, locally owned businesses and restaurants that are just waiting to be discovered by the people of Weatherford! You can shop for anything from Antiques to Jewelry!

9-Shep’s Place 

Shep’s Place is a local restaurant that many people out of town find the most enjoyable when visiting Weatherford. Hamburgers are their main food specialty here, but there are many other great and delicious options to choose from. Their food is reasonably priced with a great overall atmosphere. Shep’s Place is located on 816 South Main St.

10-See a High School production

The WHS’ theatre department is known for their annual January musicals that showcase a variety of talent found in the student body! This year the musical is The Little Mermaid, so in January head out to the Durant Auditorium to support the dedication of the students and enjoy the production. Admission is only $5 and you are destined to have a swimmingly fun time!