Club Spotlight: WHS French Culture Club

The French Culture Club recently went on a field trip to the Kimbell Art Museum which was a culturing experience to most. For others it was strictly an appreciation of art. This club is not only the best way to get involved in French culture but an avenue to make new friends through connection.

“I originally joined the French Club because I saw it as a way to learn more about French culture as well through the language,” said sophomore Zaith Villafuerte.

While at the museum the students were exposed to a learning experience that blended art and French including exploring the French artists who had spots on the walls and the amazing exhibits that highlight many other artists.

“We were assigned some amazing tour guides including one that spoke French throughout the tour. We saw some amazing dresses, learned the fascinating history behind Balenciaga and French fashion houses,” said senior Bailee Wilson.

To many students, taking a French class is their first experience with French culture; however, some of the students have almost always had a passion for the French language.

“A few years ago I became obsessed with everything French, I was listening to French pop music, watching Brigitte Bardot movies and planning an imaginary vacation to the South of France. As soon as I came to the main campus I thought it would be a great idea to engage that obsession and become enriched in the culture,” said Wilson .

No matter the time or place you could always count on the French club to encourage learning and make sure that it’s fun!

“I originally joined the French Club because I saw it as a way to learn more about French culture as well through the language,” said Villafuerte.

For now, au revoir to the French Culture Club!

Club Spotlight: WHS French Culture Club