New To The Mob: Mrs. Brown

WHS has received many new staff members this year. To introduce the new, and some familiar, faces of the 2017-2018 school year, the Grass Burr staff has pieced together a collection of interviews to welcome our new members. On her Birthday, we are elated to feature Mrs. Brown, the new head cheer coach!

Q: What about cheer excites you the most?

A: The most exciting thing about cheer is the kids involved. I was a cheerleader for fourteen years, and I love being on the coaching side of things now. I think about these kids like they are my own. We spend so much time together that they are family. I love how excited these cheerleaders are to start this school year, and I love seeing them grow as cheerleaders and as a person. All of the hard work involved to have a successful cheer program is worth it for these kids!

Q:How do you personally show your Roo pride?

A: I personally show my Roo pride by trying my absolute best every time I step onto WHS grounds to carry the true Weatherford character by having a positive attitude. I constantly tweet to support all Roo activities, and I have my classroom decorated in school colors and a Roo pride banner. I am constantly thinking of ways for our cheer program to grow. Every minute is worth it. I do it for the kids and our community!

Q: What improvements do you plan on making to the cheer squad this year?

A: This year our goal is to get more crowd involvement at games and spread the school spirit where we are more excited about our roos than ever before. We were able to get rally rags this year to have the fans wave in the air at games, and we are window painting the town businesses and the high school windows to spread Roo pride. We want everyone to know that cheer truly supports all Roos whether it’s any sport all the way to UIL academics. We are here to cheer you on to success!

New To The Mob: Mrs. Brown