A Peppy Promposal

Griffin Bruce and Skylar Bomberger Recount their Promposal
A Peppy Promposal

With the prospect of prom looming in the air, many seniors are forced to face the inevitable questions that accompany the logistics of prom: Am I going? Who would my date be?  Where will we eat? How will we get there? What do I wear? The hustle of the inquisitive nature of prom only thickens as prom will take place next month. With the clock ticking away, the newfound tradition of promposals has swept over the campus. In case you lived under a rock and missed what is likely to be one of the most public promposals thus far, here is how senior, Griffin Bruce asked Skylar Bomberger to prom.

“Well at first I had no idea how I was going to ask her at all,” Bruce said. “But one day we went out to lunch and our parents were pulling up pictures of us from 8th grade at homecoming and that gave me the idea to include all the other events we’d gone as dates to. But honestly involving the cheer team and prom sign and pep rally happened the day before I asked and it was all really last minute, put together but the timing worked out perfect.

For Bomberger, however, the blind anticipation felt as she faced the entire school at a pep rally only moments prior to her promposal was a moment of nervous confusion.

“I was just thinking in my head ‘Wow! This isn’t a game that I’m suppose to be playing, and honestly I was feeling a little nervous with everyone staring the whole time,” Bomberger said. “I just wanted to turn and look at Griffin, but I couldn’t because that would have ruined it.”

For Bruce, the jittery nerves were present in a different way.

“At first I wasn’t nervous at all because I knew in my mind she would say yes, but then whenever I started saying the poem I was shaking because that’s when I realized how big of a promposal I was making, and I was slightly embarrassed with everyone watching,” Bruce said

As prom represents the coming close of one chapter, the two friends use this event as a time to reflect on their history as best friends.

“We are longtime best friends. Griffins my go-to guy. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve called him or just gone over to his house to just rant. It’s really cool getting to grow up with someone and have remained so close this whole time,” Bomberger said.

A Peppy Promposal