Safety Drills Completed

Safety Drills Completed
unknown

On Thursday, the entire campus successfully completed multiple emergency drills.  During second period, students and faculty completed lockdown, fire, and relocation drills both inside and outside the building, effectively carrying out three emergency procedures practices in under an hour. The drills are meant to both inform and prepare students and faculty on how to act during an emergency.

Although over 1800 students heaved their way from class in mid-90 degree heat, administrators applauded the school for maintaining composure and managing an orderly line up by class.

Assistant Principal Mr. Rodrigue was vey pleased with the way the emergency procedures went. Rodrigue said, “Today’s drills were a success because of all the work done by our teachers and preparing for their drills and by our students who did an excellent job of carrying out the drills in a calm orderly fashion.  Without the help of everyone involved it couldn’t of been such a success.”

Every year, schools in Texas are expected to complete certain drills and maintain certain guidelines concerning school safety.

Principal Lynn Pool summarized the faculties thought on these drills perfectly when she said, “Our hope is that we’re never going to have to go through this in a real situation.”

Weatherford parents and students can feel confident that the student body is educated and prepared in the case of an emergency situation.

Safety Drills Completed