The WISD Athletes of the Month

March 2023
The WISD Athletes of the Month

Olohita Ejere, Senior – Powerlifting

Olohita Ejere is a senior powerlifter for Weatherford High School.  Olohita placed 5th in the state meet earlier this month and was 2nd Team Academic All-State.  Olohita won first place at all the league meets she participated in and finished 4th at the regional meet.  She broke records and set new records for the Bench Press (230 lbs), Deadlift (360 lbs tied the record), and for Total (995) in her weight class. Olohita is ranked 79th in her class and has a 3.8 GPA.  She is going to the University of North Texas and plans to major in English as well as lift for the powerlifting team there.  She is also a member of WHS Theatre and community theater outside school. 

Sydney Nelson, Senior – Powerlifting / Cheer 

Sydney Nelson is a senior powerlifter and cheerleader for Weatherford High School.  She is the team captain who placed 5th at the state meet earlier this month and was named 1st Team Academic All-State.  She won first place at all of her league meets this year and placed 4th at the regional meet.  Sydney has broken all Weatherford lifting records in Squat (345 lbs), Bench (230 lbs), Deadlift (330 lbs), and Total (890 lbs) in her weight class.  Sydney has been on varsity in powerlifting and cheer for the last three years.  In cheer, she has been a part of the team that has placed in the top five in the state for the last three years.  She is ranked 12th in her class and has a 4.2 GPA.  She is going to Utah State University where she plans on powerlifting and majoring in Landscape Architecture.  She is also a member of the Choir, Theater, NHS, and SNHS.

Karson Daniel, Senior – Powerlifting / Football / Track

Karson Daniel lettered in Football, Powerlifting, and Track for Weatherford High School.  In Powerlifting, he was a two-time state qualifier and placed 9th at the State Meet.  He won first place at all his league meets, and was the regional champion for his weight class.  He broke the regional meet record in the bench press that stood since 2012 with a lift of 445 lbs.  He also has all records for his weight class at Weatherford with Squat (625 lbs), Bench (445 lbs), Deadlift (600 lbs), and Total (1670 lbs).  Karson was also a two-time all-district performer on the offensive line in football and threw the shot put for the track team.  Karson has a 3.4 GPA and plans to attend Weatherford College. 

Barrett Smith, Senior – Powerlifting / Football

Barrett Smith is a football player and powerlifter for Weatherford High School.  Barrett has been on varsity for both sports for the last three years.  In powerlifting, he was a state qualifier and placed 3rd at the regional meet.  He also won all of his league meets this year and set records for Weatherford in the Squat (470 lbs) and the Bench (410 lbs) for his weight class.  In football, Barrett was an All-District performer the last two seasons on defense and was named First Team to the All-Parker County Team.  Barrett has a 3.3 GPA and is a member of FCA at Weatherford.  He has signed his letter of intent to play football for Texas Wesleyan next year.

The WISD Athletes of the Month