Welcome Letter

July 26, 2012

Dear WHS Students and Families,

I hope you have had a great summer! August 27th is fast approaching, and I hope that you are looking forward to joining us at Weatherford High School.  We are working hard to prepare for you. Our building is being cleaned, our teachers are receiving training…we are working diligently to get ready. Our community and school district are committed to making sure that you have what you need in order to be successful this next year as our building and our staff are “freshened up” for your arrival.

I hope that you likewise bring a fresh perspective and attitude with you this year. You are on your high school journey with the end goal being graduation. What you do this year will determine your progress on that journey. I encourage you to come prepared to succeed. What will it take to succeed at WHS? It will take a commitment from you to be responsible for your part in the learning process. I promise that we are committed to joining you and supporting you in your journey towards graduation.

This year I want to challenge you to “Cross the Line.” What does it mean to “Cross the Line?” Maybe this sounds like something negative to you….drawing a line in the sand….but maybe it can be something positive – something powerful for you! If you are interested in learning more about crossing the line, please go to the following website and click on “watch the video.”

Cross the Line Video 

We are committed to making this year great and helping you achieve a high standard of excellence. Please join us in that commitment. We look forward to seeing you on schedule pick up day and August 27th – the first day of school. 

Will you cross the line?

See you soon!

Mrs. Pool

Principal

Welcome Letter