Roos Say “Shoo The Flu”

Is The Flu Shot Good or Bad?
Students+arrive+to+the+clinic+for+a+shot.+This+student+and+nurse+worked+together+to+beat+the+flu.+Many+others+came+before+to+do+the+same.+
Students arrive to the clinic for a shot. This student and nurse worked together to beat the flu. Many others came before to do the same.

On Thursday, September 24th, Weatherford High School said “Shoo to the Flu!” by hosting an annual flu shot clinic. But as several students lined up outside the doors for their vaccine, several other students felt uneasy towards the idea of the shot.

“You cannot get the flu from a flu shot. The risk of a flu shot causing serious harm or death is extremely small” explains an article on the flu shot by the CDC. This debunks many people’s theory that their sickness was caused from the shot itself. Though many students at the school are still a little nervous towards the shot.

Alyssa Goras, a student who is opposed to getting the flu shot, said, “Every time I get the flu shot I get sick.”

This seems like a popular idea among many students like herself. Many people are scared that they will get the flu from the shot, and that seems like the main concern surrounding the clinic. However, a nurse has an opposing view on why the shot is important.

“Everybody has their own reasons and that’s their choice,” said Kristi, one of the nurses administering the shot. “It helps prevent sickness.”

So in the end it comes down to the decision, to get the shot and prevent the virus with the small chance of getting sick, or not to get the shot and have a slightly larger chance of getting the flu.

Roos Say “Shoo The Flu”