Trump vs. Biden

First Presidential debate of 2020

The presidential debate took place on Sept. 29. The main purpose of the debate was for undecided voters to get a good feeling about what’s upon them and give them a clear view of both of the candidates. As good as that sounds, the debate was truly a set back for both parties and made undecided voters even more undecided. Both parties misled the public for their own good.

“President Trump was asked about the Green New Deal. The Green New Deal is a proposal to combat climate change in today’s society. It was released by Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York and Senator Edward J. Markey of Massachusetts. President Trump replied

“They want to take our cows”.

This statement is totally false. According to PETA, it takes up to 2,400 gallons of water to produce one steak. Agriculture is a major user of ground and surface water in the United States, accounting for approximately 80 percent of the nation’s consumptive water use and over 90 percent in many western states. It’s not about taking anything but about limiting the resources that we have.

When asked about his income taxes Trump said that he paid millions of dollars

“I paid millions of dollars. Millions of dollars.”

This is also false because according to the New York times, Trump only paid $750 dollars in 2017 . That’s way less than Joe Biden who paid $3.7 million
On the other hand, the Democratic nominee also misled the public.

“We left him a booming economy. And he caused the recession.”—Biden

This statement is false.
The economy was not “booming” in the final year of Mr. Biden’s time as vice president, and Mr. Trump did not “cause” the pandemic recession.
COVID-19 was also in the debate. When asked about masks Joe Biden totally approved them and encouraged every American to wear one.

“If we just wore masks between now — and social distanced between now and January, we would probably save up to 100,000 lives.”— Mr. Biden

This statement is true. Scientists are saying that if the country maintains its current levels of physical distancing mandates and masking, more than 370,000 Americans could be dead by January 1, 2021 — about 165,000 more than the current death toll.

As the years go by, the younger generations become more and more confused on what’s best for their country. One candidate can either make or break their rights completely. That is why everyone should educate themselves and vote. Texas early voting started on Oct. 13 and so far people are voting way more than in other past elections. Election day is on Nov. 3. Vote.org

Trump vs. Biden