Exploring True Blue

Journalism staff journeys toward yearbook perfection
Mrs. Gilley
Melon Vine Editor in Chief Brittany Alvarado reveals the chosen theme to Media Mania advisers.

The Melon Vine staff recently invested their time into a summer conference at TCU with the goal of producing an outstanding historical record for the school year 2015-16, the WHS yearbook Melon Vine.

The five students, Editor in Chief Brittany Alvarado, senior staffer Keiran Renfrow, Photo Editor Jack Bowman, staffer Zach Swain, and staffer Cella Loya, all committed themselves to making this year’s Melon Vine the greatest yet. This year’s Melon Vine stands as volume 102.

“The Melon Vine has a tradition of being a wonderful book, and our goal is to make it even better, featuring more students, more activities and events, and still maintaining the legacy of greatness,” said new adviser, Mrs. Gilley. “It’s a big task, but I think we’re ready.”

our goal is to make it even better, featuring more students, more activities and events, and still maintaining the legacy of greatness

— Mrs. Gilley

Alvarado created the vision for Melon Vine Volume 102 with the theme True Blue, an expression meaning loyal, steadfast, true, committed, unwavering, unfaltering – all adjectives that perfectly describe the student body of Weatherford High School.

Smart Pay handles the payment of the yearbook, and students and parents may purchase them beginning August 1st.  Senior Ad purchase information will be posted early August on the WHS Grass Burr site. These ads are a special way to honor seniors with personalized messages of love, congratulations, and well wishes by parents and families.

Exploring True Blue