Reading the Write Way

Ever wondered who the people behind GrassBurr are? Here’s your chance to find out more about Staff Writer Allison Williams!
Allison Williams at her current age, with a sure and determined mindset of her future. To be a future Journalist/ Music Journalist

Allison Williams is a sophomore at Weatherford High school. She is fifteen years old and has a huge passion for writing. Writing is her way to express herself and show her view and perspective of the world. Williams also enjoys many other hobbies, things like the analytical side of art, and baseball but writing is her main focus. “Writing is honestly where I put my soul into, every writing I do shares a piece of my life”, said Allison. One of Williams toughest struggle, is finding who she is, and writing allows her to show her deepest thoughts, acting as a pathway to Williams true self.

Williams was not always fond of writing, like any normal kid, writing was a pain. She didn’t see the point to it, it was just a hassle she had to do at school. It wasn’t until the age of fourteen, when she read “Turn Around Bright Eyes”, that her perspective of literature changed. “Writing is a way to express oneself ” Williams said after having read this book. Williams was infatuated with this story about a man who just broke up with his fiance and starts describing his idea of heartbreak through songs. Williams said “I loved it, I related to it personally. I felt myself in the main character”. She was able to relate so deeply with this character, and understand his pain. This book had a huge influence on Williams, it made her fall in love with something she use to take for granted. It made her want to make people feel the same she did while reading this book. This book was the stepping stone towards Williams future.

Now Williams is taking two writing classes, newspaper and journalism, in Weatherford high school. Not to mention her also being is pre AP English, where they are reading and analyzing a book by William Shakespeare. Right now she is trying to advance her writing skills. Williams wishes to be the best writer she can be. Williams mostly writes metaphorical poems; she likes to make the readers really understand what she means by comparing her thoughts to a universal relatable phrase or object. She keeps all her pieces in a journal and writes whenever she feels like expressing herself. Williams said “The classes are definitely helping me with my writing, but sometimes I wonder if it is worth it, I think about if I will have to deal with this as a writer”. These classes are a real eye-opener for williams, they are helping her decide if she really wants to keep pressuring literature. They also show just how serious Williams is about writing. It isn’t just a hobby, she wants to master literature.

Williams is starting to take writing into consideration for her future career. For Williams, getting her writings out there is enough, but she would love to work as a music journalist for Rolling Stones. Rolling Stone is an American magazine that focuses on popular culture. It is very known, and being a journalist for it would be a privilege. Fortunately, many people seem to believe in Alison, and believe she can become a successful Journalist. “Ali is a great writer, she likes to use metaphors” said Brooklyn. Danika also added “when I read her writing, it allows me to see her perspective on life itself. That would be a great thing for readers to be able to get into her shoes and see what she feels, and it is such a beautiful thing because I feel like I understand Alison much better just by reading her writings”. Both of these girls know Alison Williams very well. They are always eager to read her new poems or writings.

Williams has a goal set up, to become a journalist, and is slowly striving to obtain it. With practice and dedication she is improving her pieces, and is leaving her mark with her every work, allowing people to be in her skin and see her world. She might not know how to express herself verbally, but writing does that for her. Writing is not only something she loves to do, but it is also a tool she uses to get her voice out there and talk about her past experiences. It’s a dream that is far from its due, but Williams is working at it, and will soon obtain her goal. She is at the age, when you must decide what you want to be, and for her, the deciding is done, all that is missing is the practice.

Allison Williams is the girl whose future was decided as soon as she experienced how a piece of literature can make you feel. A spark of literacy hunger, started by a book for a dollar at Dollar Tree. One dollar helped Williams decide on her future. Allison Williams, the hopefully future music Journalist with her many experiences, and knowledge to share with the world.

Reading the Write Way