Wrestling Their Way to State

Weatherford wrestling, this season, is doing an absolutely phenomenal job representing Roo Pride for our school.  The boys are undefeated with a stellar 10  wins and a tie while the girls are fresh off from beating last year’s state champs and placing second in the state qualifying team tournament, in Houston, last weekend. We interviewed a few team captains on what were they thinking as state was coming closer, less than a month away!

“I trust the work I have put in, and I just have to execute on what I know.”  said head captain of the boys’ team, Nate Moore.

“I am trying to focus on taking it one match at a time. I know that individually and as a team we can make it [to state.] It’s about pushing ourselves and each other in practice and giving your all on the mat,” said senior captain of the girls’ team, Hailey Plusnick.

“This is where our hard work is going to pay off.” said Cole Fournier while Alex Herle said, “It is a mental battle, I know I have the technique, but I have to believe I am the best.  Then I will be successful.”

These fierce competitors are ready to get out on the mat to prove that they’re the best.  Watching them first hand, it’s known that they have proven they are winners by their previous matches, but we are excited to see them become champions!

Wrestling Their Way to State