Roo Volleyball Opens Season

On Tuesday September 2, 2014 the Lady Roos Volleyball team opens their season against the Keller Timber Creek Faclons. The freshman and JV games will begin at 5:30 p.m., with freshman playing in Gym B and JV in Gym A. The varsity game will then be played at 6:30 p.m. in Gym A.Tuesday’s game will be a “blue out” game, in which the student body is expected to show up in large numbers and dress in blue. The lady roos are hoping to see a sea of blue when they look out at the crowd.

“I hope everyone comes out and shows their roo pride by wearing blue,” senior captain Carissa Madrid said.

The team is taking notice of the “roo pride” trend sweeping the school, and they are hoping that it will extend to tonight’s game.

“With the “#roopride” thing, and the football win…I hope they will come out with roo pride tonight,” senior Megan Whitehead said.

The lady roos are ready to get the season started, and they are ready to take on Timber Creek tonight.

“We are pretty excited about tonight’s game,” said Coach Gonzales “They make good competition.”

Roo Volleyball Opens Season