Prom Red Carpet Review

Several weeks after the conclusion of the “At Last” prom, the Grass Burr staff had the opportunity to view all of the red carpet photos taken at the event. In doing this, we also had the honor of writing a collaborative review in noting our favorite dresses and looks of the evening. In no particular order, this is the Red Carpet Review.

Jade Dunn stunned the red carpet, sporting an elegant two piece black dress she purchased from Whatchamacallit.

“On prom night, my dress made me feel confident… Overall, my dress made prom night unforgettable and bittersweet.The special thing about my dress is that it was classy yet fun and it was super comfortable. Also, the black went with everything, so it was easy to find a color to pair with it. Another special thing about my dress is that I am going to wear it this summer in England at my boyfriend’s college Ball at Cambridge University.”

Kaylen Couch wore a simple yet elegant champagne number.  

“I picked my dress because I felt like it stood out more that the others I tried on, and it was classy and elegant and helped show off my body without revealing too much skin. My favorite part about the dress was that it had pockets, and I could carry around hot cheetos in it. I felt like a classy barbie all night and I loved it.”

Persethamone Jones-Banks rocked a throwback piece as her black velvet dress paired with an intricate silver necklace to complete her look flawlessly.

“I chose my dress because it was the only dress that fit me perfectly and was highly flattering. My favorite part about the dress was that it was velvety and slim. The length of the dress was also superb. I tried on four or five dresses before my sister brought the perfect one to me.”

Lillian Mauldin opted for a nude sparkly piece that had a high neckline and a fit and flare bottom.

“I got my dress at Group USA in Grapevine Mills mall. I was originally looking for a dress very similar to mine but with long sleeves. Unfortunately, the store didn’t have many long sleeved dresses, so I tried this one on and ended up loving it. My favorite part of the dress that I think is really unique is the gold detail on the bottom. It’s an intricate lacy pattern and it really adds elegance to the dress.”

Grayson Pleasant selected a voluminous tulle white number with a tiered hemline and a dazzling white top.

“I bought my dress from Z Couture in Austin, Texas. I said yes to the dress because it was 100% different than what I thought I would get, and it was a fun change of pace for myself. I tried on so many dresses, I felt like Katherine Heigl in “27 dresses” but in the end, my dress made me feel different. I’ve always gone with the safe option and for one night I went polar opposite, and it made my night so much fun.”

Tylor Evans although an early graduate, still showed up in style in a periwinkle silver dress that shined through the night.

“I got it at Whatchamacallit in Fort Worth. I walked in knowing exactly what dress I wanted, but then they told me they didn’t have it, so I had to look at other options. When the stylist brought me the dress my first thought was ‘I would never wear this.’ But then I put it on and fell in love. I only tried on about three before, and every time I wasn’t satisfied mainly because my expectations were high. I’m so happy I got the dress that I did because I feel that it represented my personality while also bringing out my inner beauty.”

Cara Blain illuminated the room as she wore a mermaid style beaded blush option.

“I got it at Whatchamacallit in Dallas. Before I went shopping I knew I wanted a blush pink dress and then when I saw all of the pearls on it I just fell in love. I probably tried on like 10-15 dresses before I finally found the one I wanted… it was a long process… I just felt really pretty.”

Lindsey Lightfoot selected a periwinkle lace two piece off the shoulder dress.

“I got my dress at Terry Costa. After trying on around 20 dresses, the designer of my dress came up to me and told me to try the dress I chose on, and when I did, I fell in love with it. It made me feel classy and elegant which is what I was going for.”

Ashlyn Kelly chose an unconventional and feminine white lace dress with long sleeves.

“My dress was made by Zuhair Murad. I chose it because it was exactly what I had wanted (it has sleeves and lace) I felt that it was unique because I have never seen another prom dress like it. Zuhair Murad isn’t a super popular designer for prom dresses and my goal was to find something that not a lot of people would have.”

Nicole Cherryhomes decided on a red one shoulder lace dress.

“It is Mori Lee red off the shoulder dress with a slit down the leg. I chose it because I thought it was unique from only having one strap. I really liked the lace and scalloped edges.”

Allison White chose a simple strappy red flowy option. Understated and easygoing, this look demanded attention in a casual and effortless way.

“It was Faviana 7747 Flowing Chiffon Evening Gown in red. I chose it because it was very simple and elegant and that was the style I was going for.”

Aubrey Garnett selected a satin bold royal blue number.

“Mine was by Sherri Hill. It’s an a-line skirt with a v-neckline. I chose it because I thought it was beautiful and comfortable. The dress itself, I didn’t feel was unique but I took about three layers of tool out of it when I got it altered, so it would flow on the ground when I walked.”

Sophie Pasternak stunned the crowds in a gorgeous blush pink floral one piece that made the entire prom swoon.

“My dress is by Marchesa Notte. I saw it across the store and immediately knew I wanted to try it on. When I put it on, it fit perfectly and I felt like a princess, so I knew it was the prom dress for me. The embellishments and colors on the dress made it unique.”

Prom Red Carpet Review