Maggie and the Mullet

One of the longest lasting couples of Weatherford High School, Maggie Glenn and Jake Beaird have been dearly devoted since May 9th, 2013; three years this spring!

It all started at North Side Baptist Church where the two first met in Sunday school. They also were cast in the same play!

“That’s when I thought he was cute,” said Maggie.

Mr. Beaird clearly thought she was attractive as well since he asked her to be his girlfriend in the halls of Tison Middle School in 8th grade.

During the interview, Maggie was never at a loss for words when I asked of her favorite quality about Jake. She loves his spontaneous personality and his willingness for adventure.

“No matter what it is, we don’t do regular dates. It’s like going on a boat or working on a camper,” said Maggie. Then added excitedly that he has a mullet.

Her favorite memories with Jake include his sister, a previous student of WHS, and they would just all hangout and have a bonfire, as Maggie stated.

“That’s when we would have the most fun; they were both just in their element,” said Maggie.

The couples Valentine’s Day plans will most likely include watching “The Walking Dead.”

Stay tuned to hear about the next Valentine’s couple to be featured here at WHS!

Maggie and the Mullet