WHS Honored With Dignity Award

Parent Nominates WHS for TDADS Award
courtesy photo
Hurray for Special Programs! WHS was honored with TDADS Vision Award in Austin last week. Assistant Principal Todd Jones, Special Programs representative Magen Gore, Special Education teacher Kim Hock were honored to accept the award on behalf of WHS with students Casie Holiman (junior), Bradley Holiman (junior), and Ray Emery (senior).

Weatherford High School recently received an award from The Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services on September 17, 2015 in Austin, Texas. Leigh Ane Sallaz nominated WHS for the Dignity Category in The Vision Award categories from The TDADS. She was moved by how WHS works with its students and how well-treated and helped the students with disabilities are; she immediately felt the need to let someone know. Weatherford High School administrators did not ask for her to solicit the award for them, but she called up one day asking for information from the high school, and they gave her the information she was was needing.

The Dignity Category honors volunteers who demonstrate outstanding contributions through community service, leadership, education, and awareness-building that promote the belief that everyone should be treated with respect and dignity. WHS’s student body has a proud culture of involving the students who are challenged with disabilities, showing it in such ways as electing a senior with autism was as Homecoming King, and asking another student with autism was to be honorary Captain of the Roo Football Team. WHS does an amazing job at making every student count — that’s what every school’s purpose should be. WHS strives to be role model in the community, caring and showing that no one stands alone.

This is Roo Pride and this is our Roo Family!

WHS Honored With Dignity Award